So far, 2016 has mainly consisted of grey clouds and rain here in the UK. We spent a week over new year at my parents in Northern Ireland, and it was nearly impossible to get out of the house because of all the rain! Not to mention that Ruby had a suspected case of measles, so we were pretty much quarantined until it cleared up. Yesterday was my first day back home and back to work, and it kicked off with a meeting with the new 91 Magazine deputy editor. (more on that later!) Afterwards I felt inspired and rejuvenated and ready to take on 2016! I thought I'd note down a few of my plans both personal and professional that I can look back on next year and see how they all panned out...
- I'm taking on a new part time job which will be 3 days a week. I will tell you more about this when I start next week! I'm still freelance, but it will just be a regular gig meaning a regular income which is great.
- I am relaunching 91 Magazine this year. I'm super excited about this, there will be a new look, new website, new blog, new team and much more, so make sure to stay tuned for all the news!
- I hope we will finally get to move house. We are currently in the process of selling our flat and buying a house. I'm desperate to move as soon as possible as we are literally bursting at the seams here. Hopefully there will be lots to share on here once we start redecorating the new place!
- In conjunction with moving I really want to try and declutter. Although you wouldn't think it by the state of our house at the moment, I am actually a bit of a neat freak and it makes me feel uneasy when there is mess and 'stuff' everywhere, so I want to try and simplify things a little if I can.
- Finally, my plan is to not plan too much. I'm always looking ahead to the next project or what's happening next week, next month etc, I want to try and enjoy the moment a bit more, especially when it comes to Ruby. It's a bit of cliche to say, but she really is growing up so quickly so I want to make sure I appreciate every little part of her development.
What are you plans for 2016? I'd really love to hear if you've got anything big on the horizon for this year that you want to share! x