It's fair to say I don't get out much these days! As a mum with not much childcare support I don't tend to make it to many press shows, blogger events or exhibitions. Not that I'm complaining, I'm a bit of a home bird these days anyway, and it does tend to make going out all the sweeter when you do get the chance!
On Saturday, I did just that and attended Blogtacular, an annual blogging event held in London. I spoke at the conference last year, but this year it was nice to go along and enjoy the day without the underlying fear of standing up in front of everyone!
I've been reflecting on the day a little since the weekend, and thinking about why these events are so important for us bloggers, and what the benefits are in terms of what you are doing professionally. Below are five things which you are very likely to take away from Blogtacular, and be a better blogger for it....
1. You are pretty much guaranteed to meet new people which you have something in common with - mostly likely blogging! - and these people may lead to a new opportunity or may simply give you a snippet of advice and information that is really valuable.
2. As well as new bloggers, you will also discover new designers, makers, shops, magazines and brands, either through the speakers, the stalls, the activities or the goody bags. And who doesn't want to know about lovely new places to spend your dosh?! As well as potential content for your blog!
3. There is no doubt you will go home feeling inspired to get working on your blog or business. Even if you've been doing it for a while, it is the inspirational people who are sharing their knowledge and experience that will truly put fire in your belly and their enthusiasm is infectious.
4. Even if you think you know everything there is to know about social media and promoting your brand, you will mostly likely come away with one or two new ideas to try. Mine was to try out Iconosquare for Instagram.
5. If like me, you are restricted on how many events you can attend, then a larger one like this is ideal. It's a full day and you will get to catch up with old faces and meet new ones all in one go!
I can definitely see Blogtacular becoming an event that I go back to every year. Were you there this year? What did you take away from it? And if not, do you think you would give it a go next year?! I'd love to hear your thoughts on blogger events! :)
Images courtesy of Mollie Makes